Translate

Friday 7 November 2014

FRIENDSHIP- THE PUREST FORM OF LOVE

Friendship- The Purest Form of Love
By Paramahansa Yogananda 
           Friendship is the purest form of God’s love because it is born of the heart’s free choice and is not imposed upon us by familial instinct. Ideal friends never part; nothing can sever their fraternal relationship. I have never lost a true friend. Even though two to whom I gave sincere love became inimical, I am still a friend to them. To be a true, unconditional friend, your love must be anchored in God’s love. Your life with God is the inspiration behind true divine friendship with all. True friends bring mutual progress to one another.             The guru-disciple relationship is the highest expression of friendship, for it is based on unconditional divine love and wisdom. It is the loftiest and most sacred of all relationships. Christ and his disciples were all one in spirit, as are my Master [Swami Sri Yukteswar] and I and those who are in tune with me, because of the common bond of God’s divine love. Drinking His love together from the chalice of sincere hearts is the unifying sacrament of this relationship.            
 In human friendship familiarity should be avoided, or after a little while friends may take advantage of each other. But in divine friendship there is ever-increasing respect; each one thinks only of the highest welfare of each other. That is the nature of the divine friendship between guru and disciple. One who partakes of this relationship is on the way to wisdom and freedom.          
 Whenever I speak to others, as in these services, one form appears before me: my Guru. His influence is paramount in my life. Even now, though he is no longer on this earth plane, he is always with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment